Event and Conference Management
- Interactive training techniques and various educational tools are used to enable participants to work effectively and efficiently in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- The course is based on four educational pillars: conceptual learning (lectures and presentations), role-playing exercises (group exercises), sharing experiences (roundtable discussions), and exposure to real-world problems faced by participants.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify types of events and conferences to implement more effective plans.
- Organize, evaluate, and motivate various committees involved in event and conference management.
- Promote events and conferences through step-by-step planning and promotional strategies.
- Explain the different roles of event and conference management.
- Prepare and monitor the financial aspects of conferences.
- Plan and organize different types of exhibitions.
- Study all activities for evaluation and follow-up of events.
- Managers and supervisors involved in event, exhibition, and conference planning or management.
- Public relations managers and staff.
Planning for Events and Conferences:
- Definition of events and conferences.
- Types of events and conferences.
- Objectives of conferences.
- Importance and concepts.
- Setting SMART goals.
- Preparing a detailed event plan with activities and programs.
- Venue selection and agreement for events and conferences.
Organizing Events or Conferences:
- Identifying human resources for event or conference management.
- Forming various specialized committees.
- Training/motivating teams responsible for event or conference management.
Promoting Events and Conferences:
- Marketing events and conferences.
- Elements that attract participants.
- Promotion and advertising of events and conferences.
- Steps required for promoting and marketing events or conferences.
- Developing a plan for promoting events and conferences.
Various Tasks of Event and Conference Management:
- Official carrier (airlines).
- Hotel reservations.
- Registration process for conferences.
- Social programs.
- Public relations and media.
Financial Aspects of Conferences:
- Preparing the conference budget.
- Fixed expenses.
- Variable expenses.
- Conference revenue.
- Determining registration fees.
- Financial committee.
- Importance of exhibitions and conferences.
- Goods and services available at the conference.
- Pricing policy in exhibitions.
- Exhibition implementation.
- Promoting the exhibition.
- Exhibition management.
- Criteria for selecting exhibitors.
- Communication with exhibitors.
Monitoring and Evaluating Conference and Event Activities:
- Monitoring conference or event activities.
- SMART goals.
- Key factors in evaluation.
- Benefits of monitoring.
- Coordination and monitoring committee.
- Monitoring and evaluation.