Project Stakeholder Management
This course utilizes a combination of interactive techniques and methods such as presentations, various psychological assessment measures, group exercises, case studies, and summary discussions.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify stakeholders in the project and develop a plan for managing them.
- Analyze stakeholders’ interests and influence.
- Establish communication channels with stakeholders and manage conflicts.
- Persuade stakeholders through continuous engagement.
- Apply negotiation techniques with project stakeholders to achieve mutual benefit.
This training course targets project managers, project management office staff, executive managers, senior management, and all professionals seeking to enhance their skills in project stakeholder management. The course is approved by the Project Management Institute (®PMI) as an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) program. This course is equivalent to 30 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
- Overview of stakeholder management concepts.
- Theoretical definitions of stakeholders.
- Definition of the American Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Definition of the British Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Practical definition of stakeholders.
- Required skills for stakeholder management.
- Technical skills.
- Managerial skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Categorizing and ranking project stakeholders.
- Stakeholder categorization dimensions.
- Power-interest matrix.
- Power-influence matrix.
- Power-knowledge matrix.
- Stakeholder engagement matrix.
- Stakeholder register.
- Stakeholder management plan.
- Categorizing stakeholder groups.
- Managing communication with project stakeholders.
- Stakeholder communication plan.
- Communication channels with stakeholders.
- Comprehensive communication methodology.
- Stakeholder management in the virtual world context.
- Managing stakeholders with difficult personalities.
- Managing conflicts with stakeholders.
- Conflict management techniques.
- Factors influencing conflict resolution approaches.
- Leading project stakeholders.
- The leadership role of project managers.
- Guidelines for leading stakeholders.
- The role of time in determining leadership style.
- The role of capability in determining leadership style.
- Leadership matrix.
- Selecting the optimal style for leading stakeholders.
- Leading without direct authority.
- Situational adaptive leadership model.
- Negotiating with project stakeholders.
- Types of negotiation.
- Negotiation mindsets.
- Negotiation principles.
- Characteristics of successful negotiators.
- Negotiation and alliance building.
- Stages of the negotiation process.
- Negotiation strategies.
- Best practices for negotiation.