Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Administration
The course utilizes a combination of interactive techniques, such as brief presentations by the consultant and participants. There is practical training on project management software such as MS Project and Monte Carlo simulation for evaluating project portfolio risks. The course also includes group exercises and case studies followed by general discussions.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Develop a project portfolio model that illustrates project life cycles within the portfolio context.
- Apply project portfolio management methodology to any organizational level and industry.
- Prioritize projects within the portfolio using financial and non-financial ranking tools.
- Identify project portfolio risks using Monte Carlo simulation and sensitivity analysis.
- Apply earned value techniques for tracking and monitoring project portfolio performance.
This course is intended for portfolio managers, portfolio directors, senior management, decision-makers, portfolio sponsors, PMO (Project Management Office) staff, program and project managers, and all employees involved in building and managing enterprise portfolio projects. This course has been endorsed by the Project Management Institute (®PMI) as an Authorized Training Partner (ATP) program. It is equivalent to 30 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
- Developing the portfolio model
- Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
- The role of PPM in strategy execution
- Elements of project portfolio
- Comparisons between project, program, and portfolio
- Portfolio model
- Portfolio funnels/filters
- Decision filtering
- Value creation process
- Improving project portfolio with benefits and risk measurement tools
- Project Portfolio Management (PPM) methodology
- Phases of Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
- Foundation building
- Portfolio design
- Portfolio construction
- Monitoring and controlling project portfolio
- Project assessment and prioritization
- Project evaluation
- Stakeholder value
- Value driver analysis
- Financial evaluation tools
- Non-financial evaluation tools
- Project ranking
- Project classification tools
- Steps for using efficient frontier tools/benefits and risk measurement tools
- Outcome realization models
- Project portfolio control boards
- Managing uncertainties and risks
- Risks and uncertainties in decision making
- Steps for managing project portfolio risks
- Tools and techniques for uncertainties and risks
- Decision tree analysis
- Scenario analysis
- Sensitivity analysis
- Monte Carlo analysis
- Performance monitoring using Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Establishing Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Gantt chart
- Bottom-up cost estimation
- Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB)
- Earned Value Management (EVM) building blocks
- Current portfolio performance indicators
- Future portfolio performance indicators
- Project Management Office (PMO)