Certificate in Advanced Project Management
This training course is based on individual and group practical exercises through which participants acquire the necessary skills for project management. The course also utilizes a number of case studies and presentations followed by summary discussions, in addition to a test on the first and last day.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the frameworks, processes, and tools associated with project management that align with the standards of the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Develop project strategies to ensure alignment with the organization’s overall strategy, using financial and non-financial models.
- Design project plans, schedules, and project plans, and use various techniques to perform project analysis.
- Identify different methods for estimating project costs and budget, and the ability to conduct cash flow analysis for the project.
- Manage time and cost deviations through the application of earned value analysis and the development of key performance indicators for the project.
- Use risk management plans and apply risk response strategies to ensure successful project implementation.
This training course targets all professionals who seek to enhance their knowledge of how to develop and manage project plans. The course is also designed to provide a comprehensive analysis of time, cost, and risk, along with various techniques used to regain control of projects.
- An overview of project management
- Definition of terms in project management
- Project management processes
- Project life cycle
- The impact of organizational structure on project management
- Project strategy
- Strategic project management vs. traditional management
- Financial models for project selection
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Decision tree
- Project planning and scheduling
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) preparation
- Estimating project duration
- Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Resource planning
- Project duration compression
- Other planning techniques:
- Critical Chain Method
- Agile Project Planning
- Project budgeting
- Cost estimation techniques
- Contingency and management reserves
- Cost baseline
- Project budget
- Cash flow analysis
- Earned value calculation
- Project monitoring
- Earned value methodology
- Variance management
- Key performance indicators
- Milestone charts and performance cards
- Project risk management
- Identifying project risks
- Qualitative risk analysis
- Quantitative risk analysis
- Project risk response planning