Radical and Transformational Change and Strategic Leadership
At the beginning of the course, participants are asked to prepare the transformative business challenges they currently face. Throughout the course, they are guided through the training content and materials on how to use relevant tools, case studies, models, and strategic concepts. By the end of the course, participants will develop a transformative action plan that they can present, share, and discuss with their teams upon their return, laying the foundation for the next steps in leading transformative change within their organizations.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Build awareness and understanding of the importance of transformative change.
- Select a team of key managers and opinion leaders who will drive the desired change.
- Foster acceptance within the organization towards comprehensive transformation.
- Maintain strong and open communication channels throughout the transformative journey.
- Contextualize and implement a strategic plan for executing transformative change.
Leaders, department heads, managers, supervisors, project managers, change agents, sponsors, and all participants involved in leading transformative change.
- Understanding radical and transformational change.
- Radical and transformational change versus change management.
- Preconditions for transformative change – the Beckhard approach.
- Approaches to transformative change.
- Transitioning through different stages of change.
- Measuring the intensity and need for transformation.
- Establishing the foundation for radical transformative change.
- Characteristics and capabilities of transformative leaders.
- Key factors in effective change management.
- The conflict between leadership and the current situation.
- The psychological contract.
- The emotional competence framework.
- The model of radical and transformational change.
- The model of radical and transformational change and the desired outcomes.
- Components and process behind the model.
- The model and the required leadership qualities for success.
- Creating a climate for transformative change.
- Engaging and empowering the organization.
- Implementation and sustainability.
- Working through resistance.
- The ongoing process of transformative change.
- Insights from transformational leaders.
- Communication for radical and transformational change.
- The role of the leader.
- Communicating with purpose.
- Analyzing and understanding stakeholders’ needs.
- Fundamentals of communication for radical and transformational change.
- Measuring the effectiveness of the communication plan.
- Changing the rules of communication to change behavioral patterns.
- Context and implementation of the strategic transformative plan.
- Key considerations when implementing strategic transformative plans.
- Fundamental characteristics of institutional effectiveness.
- Foundations for implementing strategic transformative plans.
- Decision rights.
- Improving the mapping to enhance the foundations.
- Testing leadership in the execution plan.
- Delivering results and measuring success.
- Looking forward.
- Personal action plan.