Professional and Certified Negotiator
This training course utilizes a combination of interactive methods, such as presentations by the consultant and participants, role-playing (scripted and improvised), self-assessment questionnaires, training-related videos, and a variety of simulation games.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Self-assess their strengths and weaknesses in negotiation skills and understand them from the perspective of the other party, aiming to improve negotiation outcomes.
- Identify weaknesses in understanding and develop a good negotiation plan.
- Master the sales negotiation process to achieve sustainable, long-term, and mutually beneficial agreements in a timely manner.
- Use a variety of skills necessary for engaging in successful negotiations.
- Apply concession management practices that minimize losses while maintaining good relationships between negotiating parties.
Marketing and sales professionals, executive managers, advertising campaign managers, business development managers, sales and purchasing personnel, and all professionals involved in business negotiation and transactions at all levels of the organization.
- What is negotiation?
- The various aspects of negotiation.
- Some philosophies of negotiation.
- The importance of becoming a good negotiator.
- Persuasion versus negotiation.
- Self-assessment: “Negotiation Style Profile.”
Preparation: Preparing for Negotiation
- Understanding your strengths and weaknesses.
- Developing emotional intelligence skills.
- Traits of a successful negotiator.
- The five stages of the negotiation process.
- Barriers to effective negotiation.
- Team negotiation: When to use a team.
- Exercise: How to negotiate effectively (practical model).
Mastering Negotiation in Business Transactions
- Selling versus negotiation.
- The seven objectives of the sales process.
- Identifying the different roles of buyers.
- “Buyer’s decision-making process.”
- Strategies for the buyer’s decision-making stages.
- Strategies for the “needs identification” stage.
- Strategies for the “evaluation of options” stage.
- Strategies for the “resolving concerns” stage.
- SPIN strategy in asking questions.
- Case questions.
- Problem/Opportunity questions.
- Impact questions.
- Benefit/Need questions.
- Simulation game: “War Room.”
Negotiation Tools for Success
- Creativity techniques and problem-solving.
- The importance of creativity in negotiation processes.
- Tools for creativity.
- Creativity: A self-assessment tool.
- Decision-making techniques.
- Communication skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Outputs of asking questions.
- Art of questioning techniques.
- Conflict management techniques.
- Workshop: Creativity in overcoming negotiation challenges.
- Concession management, tactics, and countermeasures.
- Different levels of negotiation rules.
- Preparing a “negotiation envelope.”
- Mastering the “rule of halves.”
- Setting a timeline for concessions.
- Prioritizing negotiation issues and finding alternatives.
- Common negotiation mistakes.
- Advanced negotiation tactics.
- Simulation game: Individual negotiation (one-on-one) using cumulative rate.