Power of Influence in Conflict Management
- Utilizes a combination of interactive training methods, such as presentations by the facilitator and participants, role-playing (preparation and improvisation), video clips and discussions, and individual and group exercises.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and understand different sources of conflict.
- Define personal styles in conflict resolution.
- Apply influence skills and study relationships with others.
- Manage conflicts within teams and effectively contribute to team problem-solving.
- Utilize different influence skills according to varying situations.
- Practice various strategies to emotionally and intellectually influence others.
This course is designed to meet the needs of employees and professionals seeking to develop their skills in conflict management and understanding and containing their personal emotions and behaviors. It applies effective methods of conflict management in all situations, even when they do not hold full authority.
- Definitions of conflicts.
- Nature and scope of conflict management.
- Misconceptions about conflicts.
- Sources of conflicts.
- Positive and negative factors of conflicts.
- When conflicts hinder achieving your goals.
Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Resolution Model:
- Assessment and interpretations.
- Approaches to dealing with conflicts.
- Assumptions and conflict outcomes.
- Conflict management and employing appropriate methods for effective results.
- Conflict resolution techniques.
- Giving and receiving feedback.
- Assumptions in disputes.
- Creating a collaborative work environment for enhancing outcomes.
Influencing Others during Problem Solving:
- Using emotional intelligence in conflict management.
- Effective collaboration with team members.
- Managing personal emotions, information, and problems.
- Tips for effectively dealing with daily conflicts.
- Resolving conflicts before they escalate out of control.
- Conflict management with superiors and subordinates.
- Negotiating for better results.
- Building and regaining trust to influence others.
- Enhancing trust within the organization.
Importance of Teamwork:
- Managing conflicts among team members.
- Dealing with functional imbalance in team roles.
- Improving team communication.
- Effectively solving team problems.
- Approaching conflicts and escalation patterns.
Influence Skills (Foundations of Power):
- Definitions of influence skills and foundations of power.
- Changing power foundations.
- Using power foundations to persuade others.
- Identifying ways to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding and persuading the person you’re trying to influence through a flexible approach.
- Persuading others with your ideas and successfully implementing change.
- Influencing others by demonstrating confidence without excessive pressure.
- Strategies for developing personal traits (charisma).
- Leadership training to develop influence and power skills.
The Art of Emotionally and Intellectually Influencing Others’ Behavior:
- Influence and the psychology of persuasion.
- The power of comprehensive change.
- Action plan for developing conflict resolution and influence skills at any level within the organization.