Purchasing Planning and Tender Management 1
- The training course uses a variety of individual and group exercises, case studies, and video clips.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Write initiatives and strategic objectives for purchasing to support long-term direction.
- Organize resources according to classifications that support planning for marketing strategies.
- Apply forecasting techniques to demand levels in order to improve future purchasing planning.
- Develop strategies aimed at securing supply operations.
- Evaluate supplier tenders following a scientific methodology that supports decision-making.
This training course targets procurement and supply chain management experts at all organizational levels, as well as those responsible for planning, resource provision, procurement, tender management, and all employees involved in purchasing operations.
- Strategic Planning for Purchasing
- Setting goals and the purchasing department’s mission.
- Selecting improvement initiatives:
- Structural initiative
- System-related initiative
- Work channel-related initiative
- Cultural initiative
- Objectives and performance metrics.
- Communicating the purchasing plan.
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Spending Planning
- Creating an expenses file.
- Analyzing the impact of expenses:
- Financial impact
- Supplier breakdown
- Analyzing market risks:
- Value chain analysis
- SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats)
- Porter’s Five Forces
- Risk heat maps
- Supply risk outcomes.
- Classification report.
- Demand Level Planning and Future Estimation (Forecasting)
- Administrative aspect of forecasting:
- Tetlock’s foxes and hedgehogs
- Taleb’s black swan
- Demand level planning principles.
- Quantitative estimation techniques.
- Qualitative estimation techniques.
- Integrated Supplier Management
- Pre-qualification process for suppliers.
- Pre-qualification criteria for suppliers:
- Legal criteria
- Financial criteria
- Technical criteria
- Employee criteria
- Health and safety criteria
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Strategic partnerships.
- Supplier diversity programs.
- Tender Evaluation and Selection
- Tender management process.
- Tender evaluation criteria.
- Protocols, systems, and result determination.
- Selection and awarding of bids.
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for complex purchasing operations.