Negotiation Strategies for Achieving Best Purchasing Value
- Interactive training course utilizing various methods and techniques such as role-playing, videos, exercises, group discussions, and surveys.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Develop effective negotiation strategies to meet purchasing needs within the organization.
- Apply these strategies to maximize purchasing value.
- Explore appropriate negotiation methods for each situation or case.
- Clarify how to deal with complex negotiation scenarios.
- Identify strengths of both the supplier and the buyer.
- Purchasing management experts, buyers, business professionals, supervisors, and purchasing department managers.
- All company employees involved in procurement responsibilities.
- Preparation strategies.
- Identifying buyer’s needs and requirements.
- Understanding the buyer’s position.
- Understanding the supplier’s position.
- Number of suppliers in the market.
- Economic analysis of the market.
- Creating a pre-negotiation checklist.
- Selecting a negotiation strategy.
- Forming a procurement negotiation team.
- Appropriate preparation and readiness.
Application of Negotiation Strategy:
- Activating the purchasing plan.
- Best timing for negotiation.
- Timing as an important element in purchasing and negotiation processes.
- The importance of information in purchasing and negotiation processes.
- Other important elements in negotiation processes.
- Best location for negotiation.
- Understanding supplier expectations.
- The 80/20 rule in negotiation.
Developing Negotiation Style:
- Traits of a good negotiator.
- Developing those traits for the buyer.
- Effectively expressing your purchasing needs.
- Familiarity with your purchasing products and goods.
- Familiarity with the supplier’s services and products.
- Active listening techniques.
- Questioning techniques.
- Creating the right list of questions.
Dealing with Complex Negotiation Processes:
- Sole supplier source.
- Sole supplier source alternatives.
- Win/win vs. win/lose or lose/lose scenarios.
- Backdoor purchasing tactics.
- Intensifying emotions during negotiation.
- Friendly suppliers.
- Negotiation and ethical behaviors.
Preparing and Conducting Individual and Group Negotiations (Teams):
- Role-playing as the buyer.
- Role-playing as the supplier.
- Role-playing as the evaluator.
- Supplier strengths.
- Buyer strengths.
- Understanding suppliers’ hidden techniques and tricks.