Development of procurement management processes and service level agreements
- Interactive workshop activities such as planning and drafting policy drafts, design and planning, evaluation processes, and writing service level agreement (SLA) drafts.
- Identify the strategic role of procurement management in an organization.
- Practice the latest techniques of professional writing for policies, processes, procedures, and service level agreements.
- Formulate policies for effective governance of institutional activities in procurement management.
- Design multi-functional processes and procedures to improve controls and outcomes related to effort, costs, and time.
- Develop service level agreements that establish smart rules for the relationship between the procurement management department and other departments within the organization.
- Procurement and supply chain management experts at all organizational levels.
- All company employees involved in procurement management processes.
- The strategic role of the procurement management department.
- Definitions and procurement terminology.
- Transforming procurement management processes into a strategic function.
- Relationship between the procurement management department and other departments within the organization.
- The procurement process.
- Ethical principles governing procurement management functions.
Using the appropriate writing style:
- Writing in a personal style.
- Organizing paragraphs and sentences.
- Applying writing techniques.
- Using simple, specific, and positive language.
- Using information-based verbs.
- Applying easy and effective grammar rules.
- Gunning Fog Index for measuring writing complexity.
Writing procurement policies:
- Procurement policies: What are they and why do we need them?
- Guidelines for writing procurement policies.
- Scope of procurement policy.
- Policy contents and exceptions.
- Developing procurement policies – practical application.
Designing procurement procedures and processes:
- Definition of procedures and processes.
- Considerations for setting standards when designing procedures and processes.
- Developing processes.
- Technical processes.
- Scientific processes.
- Process structure.
- Abstract processes.
- Strategic processes.
- Operational processes.
- Measuring and improving process performance.
- Rules governing the use of process flowcharts.
- Planning processes using swim lane flowcharts.
- Writing detailed procedures to support process maps.
Developing service level agreements:
- Role of service level agreements.
- Understanding the interrelationship between different departments.
- Principles of developing effective service level agreements.
- Service level agreement contents table.
- Writing service level agreements: Practical applications.
- Service level management.
- Internal service level agreements.
- External service level agreements.
- Measuring the performance of procurement management processes and comparing them to service level agreements.