Radical and Transformative Change and Strategic Leadership
- Participants are required to prepare current transformative business challenges at the beginning of the course.
- Throughout the course, they are guided through the training content and materials on how to use relevant tools, case studies, models, and strategic concepts.
- By the end of the course, participants will develop a transformative action plan that they can present, share, and discuss with their teams upon their return, laying the foundation for the next steps in leading transformative change within their organizations.
- Build awareness and understanding of the importance of transformative change.
- Select a team of key managers and opinion leaders to lead the desired change.
- Foster institutional acceptance of the comprehensive transformation process.
- Maintain strong and open communication channels throughout the transformative journey.
- Contextualize and execute a strategic plan for implementing transformative change.
Leaders, department heads, managers, supervisors, project managers, change agents, sponsors, and all participants involved in leading transformative change.
- Understanding radical and transformative change.
- Radical and transformative change vs. change management.
- Prerequisites for transformative change: Beckhard’s approach.
- Approaches to transformative change.
- Transitioning through different transitional stages.
- Measuring the intensity and need for transformation.
Laying the Foundation for Radical Transformative Change:
- Characteristics and capabilities of transformative leaders.
- Key factors in effective change management.
- The conflict between leadership and the current situation.
- The psychological contract.
- Emotional competence framework.
- The model of radical and transformative change.
- The model of radical and transformative change and desired outcomes.
- Components underlying the model.
- The model and the required leadership characteristics for success.
- Creating a climate for transformative change.
- Engaging and empowering the organization.
- Execution and sustainability.
- Working through resistance.
- The ongoing process of transformative change.
- Insights from transformative leaders.
Communication for Radical Transformative Change:
- The role of the leader.
- Communicating with purpose.
- Analyzing and understanding stakeholder needs.
- Fundamentals of communication for radical and transformative change.
- Measuring the effectiveness of the communication plan.
- Changing communication rules to change behavioral rules.
Context and Execution of the Transformative Strategic Plan:
- Key considerations when implementing transformative strategic plans.
- Essential characteristics of institutional effectiveness.
- Fundamentals of implementing transformative strategic plans.
- Decision rights.
- Improving mapping to enhance foundations.
- Testing leadership of the execution plan.
- Delivering results and measuring success.
- Looking forward.
- Personal action plan.