Leadership and Communication
- Utilizes a combination of interactive techniques such as brief presentations by the facilitator and participants.
- Includes practical exercises, role-playing, personal assessments, and case studies.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply advanced techniques in leadership and communication to enhance business value and become more influential leaders.
- Implement best practices to influence colleagues, managers, subordinates, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Effectively deal with challenges such as delivering unpopular news, increasing team motivation, and winning hearts and minds.
- Communicate confidently in any environment, from spontaneous conversations to important speeches and persuasive proposals.
- Send powerful messages that lead to swift action and manage emotions when facing resistance and conflicts.
- Enhance internal communication and convey the organization’s vision, mission, and values to employees.
- Executives, department managers, team leaders, and managers seeking to enhance leadership and communication skills for greater success at all levels of the organization.
- Organizing and structuring ideas and messages.
- Understanding the leadership role and its relationship with communication.
- The importance of communication for a leader.
- Organizing ideas through mind maps.
- Presentation skills versus slide presentations.
- The importance of presentations for a leader.
- Fundamentals of public speaking.
- Effectively handling tasks and responsibilities.
- Dealing with performance issues.
Building Credibility as a Leader:
- Identifying traits of a trusted leader.
- Establishing your credibility firmly.
- The six sources of a leader’s power.
- Building a positive professional image within the organization.
- Adapting communication styles based on team members and situations.
- Motivating through communication.
- Creating an engaging work environment.
Winning Hearts and Minds:
- Knowing your employees.
- Managing employee expectations.
- Selling your ideas to the audience.
- Creating a compelling message that evokes the right emotions.
- Rewriting messages from negative to positive.
- Rewriting messages from subjective to objective.
- Adapting your message to meet the needs, desires, and style of the audience.
- Delivering bad news or unpopular messages.
- Leadership and communication during crises.
Building Consensus, Commitment, and Collaboration:
- Ethical leadership.
- Ethical dilemmas faced by leaders.
- Identifying techniques for building consensus.
- Describing how to gain commitment and collaboration through change initiatives.
- Enhancing cooperation and communication between internal departments.
Leadership in Organizational Communication:
- Managing rumors.
- Controlling and managing office politics.
- Responding to significant political behaviors.
- The four types of rumor chains.
- Managing cultural change.
- Transparency within the organization.
- Selecting the right medium to deliver the message.
- Communicating and leading to convey the vision, message, and values.