Effective Techniques for Report Preparation and
Business Data Analysis
This training course is divided into 20% theoretical content on design and data structures, while 80% of the training course focuses on how to use Excel as a tool for Business Intelligence (BI) applications. The course incorporates individual and group exercises, case studies, and projects.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate skills in using Excel to perform all operations related to data aggregation, analysis, and modeling.
- Process, merge, and utilize data in report preparation and analysis.
- Develop Business Intelligence models, dashboards, scorecards, and report management by linking Excel with programs such as Access, the internet, texts, or different databases.
- Create advanced reports based on dynamic presentation methods.
- Use several tips to enhance and optimize organizational processes.
The training course targets professionals, analysts, researchers, marketing and sales experts, human resources and IT personnel, administrative staff, supervisors, and employees responsible for data processing and analysis for report preparation and decision-making.
- Data analysis techniques and tools.
- Data integration from multiple files and different sources.
- Data validation and review using lists, dates, and other properties.
- Advanced row functions.
- Cell management tools: left, right, mid, concatenate, value.
- Naming, modifying, and managing cells and ranges.
- Different functions and formulas: subtotal, sumif, sumifs, sumproduct, count, countif, countifs.
- Searching for data, text, and values using the vlookup formula.
- Various table techniques and tools.
- Data breakdown by dates, names, weeks, week numbers, and month names.
- Text conversion into columns, data trimming, and modification using the trim, len formula.
- Text and number management using the replace, find, and substitute formulas.
- Text manipulation operations.
- Mastering report data preparation: 20 rules to know when using pivot table tools.
- Creating pivot tables.
- Number formatting techniques.
- Designing report layouts.
- Ascending or descending sorting/ordering and other options.
- Filtering values and labels.
- Expanding and collapsing fields.
- Selecting details to review.
- Summarizing values by: sum, average, minimum, maximum, count.
- Displaying values as a percentage of the total or other calculations.
- Pivot table options.
- Inputting equations and inserting calculated fields.
- Date analysis.
- Copying pivot tables.
- Creating pivot charts.
- Dynamically labeling chart titles.
- Inserting slicers for interactive display.
- Showing report filter pages.
- Linking pivot tables to charts and PowerPoint presentations.
- Conditional formatting for pivot tables.
- Designing reports using the getpivotdata feature.
- Data linking and modeling.
- Spinner button for increase and decrease.
- Check Box selection using the If formula.
- Option Button (form control element).
- Data modeling with a combo box and list box.
- Scenario management.
- Linking Excel with text files.
- Linking Excel with Access databases.
- Linking Excel with SQL databases.
- Linking Excel with the internet.
- Linking Excel with other Excel files.
- Imaging techniques and chart and graph design.
- Using the camera tool.
- Working with chart images created from data formulas.
- Adding symbols and shapes.
- Working with sparklines for graphical indicators.
- Creating non-traditional charts.
- Tips and tricks.
- Monitoring and protecting reports and files.
- Data input form.
- Custom lists.
- Converting text to speech.
- Advanced conditional formatting.
- Daily work shortcuts.