Communication Skills in Crises
This training course utilizes various educational and interactive methods and tools that rely on using real-life issues to help participants effectively and efficiently apply theoretical concepts to practical examples. The course is divided into four educational foundations: theoretical concepts (lectures and presentations), role-playing (group exercises), sharing experiences (group discussions), and addressing global crises and selected policies that participants will examine.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify different types and characteristics of crises.
- Compile a list of different principles for communication during crises.
- Plan crisis management processes that seek to mitigate potential effects on their organizations.
- Explain the benefits of using media during crises.
- Evaluate and prioritize dimensions related to crisis communication management.
- Analyze and interpret the results of crisis communication management.
This training course targets team leaders, supervisors, public relations department managers, and all professionals involved in crisis communication management.
Training Program Content:
- Defining Crises
- Overview of Communication Concepts
- Different Types of Communication
- Key Aspects of Crises
- Evolution of Crises
- Principles of Communication during Crises
- Setting Clear Objectives
- Rapid Response
- Taking Responsibility
- Appropriate Messaging
- Knowing Your Audience
- Demonstrating and Preserving Reliability
- Coordination with Others
- Continuous Monitoring
- Crisis Management Process
- Pre-Crisis Stage
- Crisis Management Plan
- Crisis Management Team
- Role of the Spokesperson
- Crisis Occurrence Stage
- Initial Response
- Reputation Repair
- Post-Crisis Stage
- Lessons Learned
- Follow-up and Communication
- Media and Communication during Crises
- Media and Communication
- Media as a Partner in Crisis Response
- Social Media and Communication during Crises
- Social Media as a Useful Tool or Challenge
- Effective Use of Social Media in Crisis Communication
- Dimensions of Crisis Communication Management
- Operational Decision-Making Aftermath
- Victim Management Aftermath
- Trust and Reliability Aftermath
- Behavior Aftermath
- Professional Expectations Aftermath
- Ethical Dimension
- Lessons Learned
- How to Measure Your Results in Crises
- Output Measurement
- Crisis Impact Measurement
- Result Measurement
- Steps of the Measurement Program
- Goal Setting
- Identifying the Audience
- Identifying Measurement Criteria and Indicators
- Choosing Timing and Determining Budget and Measurement Tools
- Analyzing Results, Extracting Information, and Providing Recommendations.