Data Governance, Protection, and Compliance Management
The training course is based on practical exercises, regional and international case studies, and participants will often work together in pairs or larger groups.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to manage data and information more efficiently and effectively within organizations to deal with threats and risks related to privacy, data protection, and cybersecurity.
- Identify controls, policies, and data management strategies to handle the secure handling, retention, and disposal of business data and records.
- Develop action plans for information compliance management, review legislation and regulations, and control information management.
- Prepare and execute a data management project, including directing roles and responsibilities, risk management, and process improvement.
- Manage data towards international best practices: ISACA, ISO 8000 – International Data Management Standards, Privacy, and Global Cybersecurity.
This course is suitable for IT professionals, document controllers, auditors, site administrators, general management, and anyone involved in data and information management and protection. It is also suitable for professionals familiar with data management who seek to add knowledge on data and information management principles and records.
Training Program Content
- International Data Management Standards
- Introduction to Data Governance and Management
- Organized and Unstructured Data Management
- Data Lifecycle Management (DLM)
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- ISO 8000 – Information and Data Quality
- Data Management Skills and Responsibilities
- Compliance, Regulations, Data Security, and ISO 27001
- Governance and Compliance Management Standards
- ISACA Audit Standards
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Privacy
- Compliance Document and Records Management
- ISO 27001 Information Security and Cybersecurity
- Analytics, Mining, and Reporting
- Data Analysis
- Data Modeling
- Data Analytics
- Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting
- Data Mining
- Management Reports
- Business Process Modeling
- Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs)
- Information Technology Information Management Solutions
- Enterprise Content Management Systems
- Document and Records Management
- Data Dictionary, Data Analysis, and Data Mining
- Relational Databases and Indexing
- Archiving and Preservation
- Policy, Procedure, and Action Plan Development
- Data Governance Policies
- Development of Data Lifecycle Management Procedures