Certificate in Advanced Governance, Risk Management,
This course is based on presentations and includes exercises, case studies, and various discussions.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Provide advice on forming a board of directors that includes executive, non-executive, and independent directors with diverse expertise.
- Assist in establishing committees and defining their requirements.
- Develop company policies that require board of directors’ approval.
- Support successful risk management functions and practices in accordance with COSO recommendations and ISO standards.
- Engage in improving compliance within the organization according to ISO standards.
Board members, senior financial officers, senior management executives, executive directors, finance managers, financial controllers, accounting and finance staff, legal advisors, company secretaries, lawyers, external and internal auditors, human resources managers, compliance and governance officers, and department heads.
Board of Directors:
- Rights and duties of shareholders.
- Definition of stakeholders.
- Responsibilities of board members.
- Risks of governance failure.
- Effective board of directors.
- Capital Market Authority definitions regarding board membership.
- Capital Market Authority regulations on the independence of board members.
- Ethics and corporate social responsibility committee.
- Nomination committee.
- Remuneration committee.
- Governance committee.
- Risk and compliance committee.
- Executive committee.
- Audit committee.
- Investment committee.
- Anti-discrimination policy.
- Anti-harassment and bullying policy.
- Anti-fraud and corruption policy.
- Conflict of interest policy.
- Nomination and succession planning and rewards policy.
- Compliance and risk management policy.
- Audit and financial reporting policy.
- Investment and asset management policy.
- Definitions of risk management.
- Risk management process.
- ISO 31000 principles in risk management and the framework and operations.
- Risk management process according to ISO 31000.
- Enterprise risk management according to the COSO model.
- Risk response: the four elements (4T).
- Monitoring activities.
- Role of internal audit in assessing risk management.
- Definitions of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- IIA Standard 2120.
- Internal audit assessment of risk management.
- Internal audit methodology.
- Risk management categories.
Success Factors in Compliance:
- Definition of compliance.
- ISO 19600 compliance management.
- Implementation of compliance program.
- Reasons for compliance program failure.
- Consequences of compliance failure.