Preparation, Analysis, and Management of Salaries
The consultant provides a presentation and examples. Participants are asked to perform exercises on an Excel program for salaries and benefits, in addition to group workshops and presentations.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the roles of human resources, accounting, and finance and how they contribute to their success.
- Prepare and accurately review monthly salaries.
- Calculate employee returns, loans, vacations, and end-of-service bonuses.
- Match salary statements and audit supporting payment documents.
- Prepare monthly and annual salary budgets.
- Design regular reports for salary management and analysis.
Employees, accountants, assistant accountants, supervisors, salary managers, and human resources specialists interested in understanding and applying best practices related to salary department management.
- Importance of the salary department as a link.
- Introduction to the function of human resources.
- Employee retention.
- Introduction to accounting and finance.
- Financial and administrative decisions.
- The salary department as a link.
- Salary department objectives.
- Salary department controls.
- Salary department policies and procedures.
Preparation and Calculation of Salaries:
- Establishing the correct controls in the salary department.
- Determining the correct calculation basis.
- Risks leading to salary errors.
- Increases and deductions.
- Approvals for salaries.
- Fraud in the salary department.
- Fraud prevention in the salary department.
- Preparation of the salary schedule.
Employee Loans and Bonuses:
- Features of employee loans and salary advances.
- Controlling access to loans and bonuses.
- Preparation of loan reports.
- Actual end-of-service compensation.
- Preparation of bonus reports.
Role of Accounting and Auditing Departments:
- Recording salary expenses and salary payable.
- Recording salary costs as debits to assets and inventory.
- Reconciliation of salaries with employee accounts.
- Reconciliation of liabilities with social security and government agencies.
- Reconciliation of payments with the bank account.
- Introduction to internal and external auditing.
- Auditing salary tables.
Preparation of Salary Budget:
- Introduction to budgeting.
- Preparation of the budget for the salary department.
- Preparation of the annual budget for salaries and contributions for the entire company.
Salary Disclosure and Contributions:
- Reports related to salaries.
- Salary protection system.
- Ministry of Labor.
- Social security.
- General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI) in Saudi Arabia.
- General Pension and Social Security Authority (GPSSA) in the United Arab Emirates.